State of DevOps report, critical review of the Kubernetes hardening guidance, what happened to Docker, 8 Terraform best practices
Docker updates subscription plan, state of Kubernetes security report, organizing Kubernetes containers, and ArgoCD
Kubernetes dashboards, Path from Kubernetes to Serverless with Kelsey Hightower, and Secret Manager support for Functions
Visual Studio Code on Github & Codespaces
I think I saw this feature in one of the tweets this week - it's incredible! Go to any Github repository, press the dot (.) key on your keyboard, and watch the magic happen. Your repository will automatically open in the online version of Visual Studio Code.
Github also introduced the Github Codespaces that allow you to get a cloud-hosted development environment right in the browser!
KubeCon and CloudNativeCon North America 2021
Learn Cloud-Native redesign
I've redesigned the learn cloud-native website, making the site much faster and easier to read and navigate. The new site includes related posts and a search. Check it out here .
Links of the week
- Open sourcing the SPIFFE/SPIRE security audit
- How to secure your Kubernetes control plane and node components
- Cloud load balancer snafu leads to 3D printer user printing on a stranger's kit
- Wildcard LetsEncrypt certificates with Traefik and Cloudflare
- The massively multiplayer firewall - CrowdSec